Click here for drive schedule. Please come to the library to contribute a pint of blood to the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank on Monday, March 25 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a form of ID with you. Donors must have eaten within a four hour period prior to donating!
If you are unable to attend the blood drive on this day, you may donate at a place and time more convenient to you: When you give the library’s account # 1072, we will be able to get credit for your donation. Thank you!
Please note that there may be occasions when blood donation will take place in the Central PA Bloodmobile in the library’s parking lot instead of in the building. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy O’Day at 717-571-3876 or 1-800-771-0059. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BLOOD FACTS FOR 2018 YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW: 😛
1. 181 pints of blood were donated at the Hershey Public Library.
2. Every pint is broken down into its 3 components of platelets, plasma, and red cells.
3. Platelets are most often used by Cancer patients to help strengthen them.
4. Plasma is used for patients in shock and burn victims
5. Red Cells are often used for Trauma patients.
6. Every donation helps to save or enhance the life of 3 local patients. In 2018, donations from the Hershey Public Library helped to save the lives of over 543 local patients!!!!
Schedule for 2019. (4th Monday of each month between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.)
· March 25
· April 22
· May 20 (Memorial Day is May 27) BLOODMOBILE IS IN THE LIBRARY’S PARKING LOT.
· June 24
· July 22
· August 26
· September 23
· October 28
· November 25
· December 23