- Most items are checked out for 21 days (3 weeks) at a time.
- DVDs, CDs, New Fiction, back issues of magazines, and holiday books can be checked out for 10 days.
- Eligible items will renew automatically for a second borrowing period, calculated from the original due date.
- Borrowers may receive a new due date or other status by email or text message.
- Interlibrary loan items, Middletown Public Library materials and items on hold for another patron will not automatically renew.
- To request a renewal of an interlibrary loan or Middletown Public Library items, please call 717-533-6555.
- Most overdue items are charged at a rate of 25 cents per day, per item. DVDs and Blu-ray are charged at $1.50 per day per item.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when an account balance is $5 or more.
- Overdue fines for interlibrary loan materials are $1.00 per item per day
- Fees for non-pickup of requested interlibrary loan materials range from $2.50 to $5.00 per item depending on shipping costs
- Replacement charges for lost or damaged interlibrary loan materials are determined by the library owning the items and may include processing fees in addition to the cost of the item.
DAMAGED OR LOST LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Please speak to a member of staff in the Public Services Department.
- The patron is responsible for the replacement cost and/or any library fines that accrued.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Fines and fees can be paid in cash, with a check, or with a credit card through the library’s website at SmartPay.