Hershey Public Library is able to accept credit cards for payment through SmartPay. To pay a fine or owe replacement/other fees, you will be able to use a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card to make a complete or partial payment. (please note: you cannot use a credit card to pay for township trash bags)
How It Works
Read the directions below, then click the link to be tranferred to our online payment webite – Click here for SmartPay
- Type your barcode number (found on the back of your library card), password and click ‘log in.’ If you do not have a password for your account, please visit the circulation desk so we can create a password for you, or click here to send an email for us to reset your password.
- Click the ‘Pay Fines/Fees’. You will then see a list of fines by item.
Select the fine or fines by clicking the respective check box.
- Click ‘Pay Now’
Follow the directions to complete the transaction:
Your name and address will pre-populate the relevant fields.
Providing there is an e-mail address associated with your account registration you will receive an electronic copy of the transaction.
Enter your credit card type, number, security code and expiration date (WE DO NOT SAVE ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION).
- Click on Finish, and log out.
Inside the Library:
- A computer terminal on the circulation desk has been designated for making credit card payments, or one of our catalog computers. You will not be able to print a confirmation page.
- You can use our public computers to pay library fines. Follow the usual steps to print a confirmation page, if desired.