The library depends on your donations of gently used books, dvds, video games, magazines and puzzles as a substantial portion of our annual fundraising efforts.
Once the Friends annual book sale is over, book donations are accepted after Labor Day weekend.
The library does not accept book donations per se; instead, all book donations are used for the Friends of Hershey Library Annual Book Sale. If an item appears appropriate for the library’s collection, it is reviewed in accordance with the collection development policy. Otherwise, our very active Friends group stores the item until the book sale, which is held the first weekend of August. Generally, donations are accepted from August to June, when storage space tends to vanish.
We collect items just inside the entrance from the foyer. Please do not leave boxes of materials outside the building as the items can become damaged or lost.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Condensed books of all kinds
- Book sets, such as encyclopedias
- Items in poor condition (water damage, covers or pages missing or defaced, text highlighted, wrinkled)
- Texts older than 10 years
- Hardcovers of lesser known authors that are older than 5 years
- Eight track audiotapes
- Books or music on audio cassette
- Computer books and manuals